Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you all and of course, I am going to discuss new years resolutions/goals for the year ahead. Although it is a very cliché thing to do - I must admit I consciously make a decision to set some new goals for the year. Do we do this to feel a sense of accomplishment and confirm that we can make some changes to maybe our not so fun great lives? Personally, I normally set goals on my birthday - I think it makes a little more sense. However, I don't  think we should have to wait until our birthdays or new years to make changes. If we really want to make the changes in our lives we would just make the decision to do it straight away. Why should you have to wait until your birthday or new years to be the new you? You have control over the decisions you make for your life so why wait until the Instagram posts indicate a time for you to do so? 
Do we set goals for other people? Or do we truly set them for ourselves? Do we set these goals to get recognition from other people to show that we are moving on with our lives and aren't bums or what do you call it, ‘basic’?
When we set ourselves challenges let’s do it for us and not for the people around us to clap their hands and pat us on the back. If we know change needs to happen - make it happen. 

If you have set any goals or resolutions for this year I hope you achieve them, and if you get to a point where you think you won’t be able to achieve what you set - don't worry keep trying you’ll do it, even if takes you a while. 


Happy New Year :D

No comments:

Post a Comment