Wednesday 6 January 2016

Goodbye and Hello

I’ve tried to shut the thought out for so long but I need to face it, my big sister is officially leaving me. She is about to spread her wings and soar like an eagle. It’s crazy that I've actually stopped myself from thinking about it - I even forgot at one point because I need my big sister. Not only is she going to learn a lot - I will too. I’ve realised I depend quite a bit on my sister being around even though I may not show it and we bicker - but we have the best sister relationship. We understand each other in an odd way - it’s so hard to explain but it’s great.
I am so proud of her and I’m so happy she is about to embark on a new part of her adventure. I’m excited to hear the stories and see her smile. She deserves everything because she works so hard and I don’t think she knows how amazing she is and how others and I adore her. She is one in a million. I couldn't say this to her face because …  conversations like this rarely happen and, to be honest, I would cry. She is amazing and I couldn't ask for a better sister. 
I can’t believe she is leaving me. I’ll miss our train journeys, I’ll miss our catch ups at night time, her love, her hair products, her perfume, eye conversations, secret jokes, and I’ll miss her face to face advice. 
I really hope I haven’t taken my sister for granted. It’s crazy how we only remember what another person has done for us when they are about to leave or when it’s their birthday. It’s really selfish and I’m sorry Glyn, I’m sorry if I've ever taken you for granted. 
Anyway because I don’t want to get too emotional - I just want to say goodbye and hello to our new sister relationship. It will be different I know but please let us remain as close as ever. 

I love you to the other galaxies and back Glyn. 

p.s. Thank you for the room 


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment